Online counselling gives you the chance to speak to a therapist online without having to meet them face to face. Often called e-counselling or remote therapy, speaking to someone online or over the phone is helpful for people who need counselling but cannot get to a therapist’s office or those who feel more comfortable in their own home. krysallis therapists offer the same specialist and confidential therapy online as they do face to face.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, a lot of people need therapy now, more than ever, to help them navigate the stresses of life in lockdown. As people face job loss, students can’t sit exams and weddings are postponed, we’re faced with anxiety we didn’t expect from the beginning of a new decade.
All of krysallis’ services are now remote and we’re here to help you get through these uncertain times.
What is online counselling?
Online therapy can cover a number of different mediums – from video call, phone call or email. Being able to speak to someone from the comfort of your own home can be really beneficial to some people and at the moment, online therapy is the way forward until we’re allowed to meet face-to-face again.
How does it work?
The setup process is similar to face-to-face therapy, you tell us some information about yourself and how you’re feeling via our contact form on our website. Then we will contact you for a free consultation to find out how we can help and which of our trained professionals would be best suited to you. If you have a preference of who you’d like to talk to, that’s your choice too.
In the absence of in-person meetings, we’ve moved to platforms like Zoom to continue our work with our clients. Our online services provide the same amount of support and confidentiality as face-to-face sessions and we’re also available on evenings and weekends. As our services are now online, this gives us the opportunity to reach out and provide support for people further afield from our local area and we can help people in the UK and beyond.
Benefits of online therapy
Is online therapy for you? Here are a list of benefits over traditional meetings:
- Flexibility – the ability to select hours and days which suit you and even speak to a therapist during the work day if you need to, is a plus for many who previously found it difficult to make the time for face-to-face sessions.
- Reduced travel time – online therapy takes away any travel time which may have made fitting in regular sessions hard for some.
- Location – you don’t have to speak to someone in your area if you don’t want to. If you’d like to keep therapy separate from your daily life, you may decide to speak to someone further away from where you live.
- Comfort – being in the comfort of your own home may benefit you and you may be able to express yourself more freely.
- Increased confidentiality – some find that online counselling is more confidential and discreet. Without having to travel to an office, you may feel you have more anonymity and are less embarrassed at the process of speaking to someone about personal issues.
We are providing discounted services to key workers, frontline staff and their family members who may be struggling at this time. We want to give back to those who are keeping the nation running. If this applies to you, please contact us here and quote ‘KWFL’ for 50% discount off all therapy services.
Remember: the lockdown will end, but you don’t have to cope alone in the meantime. If you feel like you could benefit from online counselling, or that you need more support during this time, our team is ready to help. Please reach out to us through our contact form.